Friday, January 4, 2013

Diet Change

The past couple of days I tried drastically increasing my vegetable and fruit consumption as most people do when they start dieting after the holidays. You read how they are low in calories, will fill up your tummy and are oh, so good for you. When it comes to dieting and health, veggies and fruits are your friend, so it was only logical to stock up and chow down on these. Too bad they don't come with a list of side effects, for instance:

You will be hungry again in about a hour. Regardless of the amount I eat, I am hungry again in about one hour, leaving me no option, but to reach for more to eat. I spend all day eating, which is hard when I'm actually trying to do work. The fruits and vegetables just go right through me, which brings me to my next point.

You will go to the bathroom more. Packed with natural fiber, these delectable delicacies will get your indoor plumbing running smoothly. This is Nature's detox routine. I'm certain that is how they make you lose weight, you poop it out! Plus all the running between the bathroom and my desk has to count as some form of exercise.

GAS! GAS! GAS! With all that extra work your stomach is doing, you're bound to get some nasty byproducts. The natural sudden urge to fart will increase. BACK BLAST AREA CLEAR! With the constant running to the bathroom, the gas stench leaves a trail back to me desk, so I can find my way back.

Between me constantly gnawing on something, running to the bathroom, and cutting loose the gas build up, my coworkers are hoping this is only a phase. Fortunately, once my body adjusts to the increase in fiber, my bathroom issues should tame. As for the hunger issue, combining vegetables with a protein, fat or complex carbohydrate should give it some staying power. For instance, combining fruit with a little bit of non-fat or low fat yogurt would take longer to digest. I'll have to play around with some combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment